- Posted by: Ana
- Category: Advice, Casper, Wyoming, Colorado Roofing, Colorado Springs, Denver Roofing, Roof Repair, Roofing, Sheridan, Wyoming
What goes into a successful roofing project?
Roofing contractors are one of the most complained about businesses according to the BBB. Here at Excel Roofing, you won’t experience that. But what exactly makes a successful roofing project?
Roofing contractors in Colorado have the worst reputation of any type of home remodeling contractor.
This is because many roofers are poor managers. They don’t manage their business in a professional manner and they’re horrible at managing their cash.
Read our list of 5 quick tips for a successful roofing project
- The best thing a homeowner can do is to hire an established and local contractor who has worked in the area for years. A company’s track record is the best indicator of how they are going to perform.
- Make sure your roofer has experience installing the specific product you’re interested in. Ask the roofer for references where they’ve installed the product, and take some time to drive around and look at the completed roofs. Talk to the homeowners too; they’re going to give you honest feedback.
- It’s important that the 3 major components of the whole roof system are addressed when reroofing your home: roof covering, attic ventilation, and attic insulation.
- The first step in the process is to get everything in writing. The written contract should include all the details of the project like exact materials to be used, cost, approximate timeline, and proof of liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Never pay a contractor any money upfront. If the contractor says they need money for material, this is a red flag. You’re dealing with the wrong guy. When you work with Excel Roofing, you don’t pay a cent until you’re content.
Excel Roofing specializes in residential roof replacement and repair.
We’ve been in business since 1993, roofed over 30,000 homes, and have an A+ rating with the BBB. Excel Roofing is your roof expert.
Give us a call today.