- Posted by: Ana
- Category: Attic Ventilation, Insulation, Tax Credit
Have you looked in your attic lately? Among your 1970s leisure suits and 1980s Member’s Only jackets sits one of the most cost-effective ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home. According to DOE, one of the most cost-effective ways to make your home more comfortable is to add insulation to your attic.
Excel Roofing recommends a 20 inch base of attic insulation. A properly insulated attic will keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It can prevent problems such as ice dams, attic moisture and mold. Insulation can even dampen unwanted noises like neighborhood traffic and barking dogs.
Excel Roofing has made a name for itself in the roofing business (obviously!) but we are also attic insulation pros. Excel Roofing is a Platinum Certified Insulation Installer. And we are currently offering $250 off a complete insulation install!
Did you know you there are home energy improvement tax credits? Both the state and federal government are offering tax credits to homeowners who complete home improvement projects that contribute to energy efficiency. This includes attic insulation.
- Tax Credit Amount: 10% of the cost, up to $500.
- Typical bulk insulation products can qualify: batts, rolls, blow-in fiberglass, rigid boards, expanding spray, and pour-in-place.
- It also includes weather-stripping, spray-in foam and house wraps.
- The credit is for materials only.
State of Colorado Requirements
- Homeowners in Colorado can also benefit from rebate programs offered by the Governor’s Energy Office (GEO) and its many partners across the state, including the Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (CoSEIA).
- Insulate Colorado provides homeowners a rebate of 20 percent of the project cost, up to $300 per home, to insulate and air-seal their homes to help reduce energy costs. The insulation must be installed by an eligible Colorado contractor and homeowners must reside in a participating jurisdiction to receive the rebate.
Winter is here! Seeing the benefits of attic insulation is as easy as looking out the window. Now is the perfect time to add attic insulation. Here is how you will save:
- Up to $500 Federal Tax Credit
- Up to $300 State Tax Credit
- $250 off an Excel Roofing Attic Insulation job
- Savings on your energy bill
Call or click today for a free estimate!